America’s fist lady Michelle Obama has just been named the most powerful woman in the world, by Forbes magazine. The presidents wife had “given a new generation of girls and women around the world a role model”, the magazine said.
US Secretary of State Hilary Clinton came in at fifth. Pop singers Lady Gaga and Beyonce also made the top 10, with Gaga at seven and Beyonce at nine. Chat show host Ellen DeGeneres rounded up the list at number ten.
Queen Elizabeth came in at a rather low #41 – still the only Brit to make the cut.
The top 10 most powerful women:
1. Michelle Obama, US first lady
2. Irene Rosenfeld, chief executive, Kraft Foods
3. Oprah Winfrey, media mogul
4. Angela Merkel, German chancellor
5. Hillary Clinton, US secretary of state
6. Indra Nooyi, chief executive, Pepsi
7. Lady Gaga, singer
8. Gail Kelly, chief executive, Westpac
9. Beyonce Knowles, singer and fashion designer
10. Ellen DeGeneres, talk show host